DetailsA highly-compressed block of super-fine activated carbon efficiently removes unwanted contaminants and improves taste. This method of filtration is easy to install, simple to maintain, and has an inexpensive filter to periodically replace.
Does not remove minerals and trace elements that are essential to good health.
Does not waste water: 100% of filtered water is available for consumption.
Does not use electricity: Requires only water pressure to operate.
- Additional Information
Size 1 each Suggested Use Replacing the cartridge is quick and easy.
REMOVING THE USED FILTER CARTRIDGE:
- Turn the unit upside down in the sink, holding the top of the housing secure. Turn the base counterclockwise. If the base does not come loose, use the enclosed 1/4" unscrewing rod by carefully inserting the rod into the slots located on the outer edge of the base.
- As soon as the base loosens, remove the unscrewing rod and continue to unscrew by hand. The top of the housing should be turned and the base, with hoses attached, held stationary until the housing separates from the base. The dirty filter cartridge will be attached to the base.
- Remove the filter by holding the base stationary and turning the cartridge. DO NOT hold onto or apply pressure to elbow fittings on the base.
- Discard small white rubber washer. Dispose of filter in plastic bag and place in trash for disposal.
Note: Be very careful. FORCE OR PRESSURE on the inflow/outflow elbows may result in DAMAGE to the unit.
INSTALLING A NEW FILTER CARTRIDGE:
- Gently wash inside of the housing unit with Liquid Concentrate, Mellow Yellow, or a liquid dishwashing detergent. Do not use harsh cleansers, solvents, ammonia, alcohol or acids to clean the unit. Rinse thoroughly to remove soap residue.
- Unwrap new filter cartridge and locate the new rubber washer. Hold the base and put the new (white) washer in place.
- Carefully align the new filter over the threads and turn clockwise until snug, but not too tight.
- Install the base with the new filter over the threads and turn clockwise until snug, but not too tight. HAND TIGHTEN ONLY. DO NOT TIGHTEN WITH FILTER REPLACEMENT TOOL.
- Turn on COLD WATER ONLY. With a slight pull on the Diverter Button, allow water to run through the filter for approximately 15 minutes. The new filter is now fully activated and the Water Enhancement System is ready for use.
CAUTION: As you are putting the unit back together, avoid damaging large "O" ring. Check to see that it is positioned correctly before screwing base back into housing.
Other Ingredients No Research No FAQ No Advisories & Precautions Do not use on bacterially contaminated or untreated water supplies without adequate disinfection before or after the unit.