DetailsA highly-compressed block of super-fine activated carbon efficiently removes unwanted contaminants and improves taste. This method of filtration is easy to install, simple to maintain, and has an inexpensive filter to periodically replace.
Does not remove minerals and trace elements that are essential to good health.
Does not waste water: 100% of filtered water is available for consumption.
Does not use electricity: Requires only water pressure to operate.
- Additional Information
Size 1 each Suggested Use Replacing the cartridge is quick and easy.
REMOVING THE USED FILTER CARTRIDGE:
- Be sure water is turned off at shut-off valve. Place a large bowl or pan under Water Enhancement System to catch residual water.
- Open (black) ledge faucet lever to relieve pressure.
- Holding the unit base, unscrew black knob until band clamp can be removed. If this is awkward to do with the unit attached to the wall, unit may first be removed from mounting bracket and then opened. Remove band clamp. Separate unit base from upper housing and dump water into bowl or pan. Set unit base aside.
- Unthread used filter clockwise. Place used filter in a plastic bag and dispose of properly.
INSTALLING A NEW FILTER CARTRIDGE:
- Gently wash inside of the housing unit with Liquid Concentrate, Mellow Yellow, or a liquid dishwashing detergent. Do not use harsh cleansers, solvents, ammonia, alcohol or acids to clean the unit. Rinse thoroughly to remove soap residue.
- Unwrap new filter and discard the small white rubber washer that comes with it. This is only used in the Countertop model. Carefully align new filter and turn counter-clockwise until snug, but not too tight.
- Replace bottom half of housing unit and tighten the band clamp.
- Turn on water at shut-off valve. Allow water to run through the filter for approximately 5 minutes as you carefully check all connections for leaks. Let water run for an additional 20 minutes to fully activate the filter cartridge. The Water Enhancement System is now ready for use.
CAUTION: As you are putting the unit back together, avoid damaging large "O" ring. Check to see that it is positioned correctly before replacing band clamp.
Other Ingredients No Research No FAQ No Advisories & Precautions Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Systems certified for cyst reduction may be used on disinfected waters that may contain filterable cysts.